Suspects were arrested in the outskirts of Madrid and in other cities and towns in Morocco .. as part of a joint operation between the two countries.
“We have to take in account that we are confronting terrorism, a jihadist terrorism an international terrorism, that has no location, where the location where they are arrested, has a relative significance,” said Spain’s Interior Minister Jorge Fernandez Diez.
“All the countries are threatened by these barbarians. We have already said that this is not a religious war, but a war of barbarity to all those who oppose to their fanatic interpretation of Islam, that has nothing to do with the real Islam,” Fernandez added.
- Spain: Police search family house of train attacker (dailymail.co.uk)
- [Ticker] Spain and Morocco make ‘Islamic State’ arrests (euobserver.com)
- How France train attack suspect went from drug dealer to jihadist (elpais.com)
- Spain, Morocco arrest 14 suspected of recruiting for Islamic State (theglobeandmail.com)
- Spain: Police search family house of train attacker (gazettetimes.com)