When asked what man they admire the most, 17% of the poll respondents mentioned Obama; Pope Francis and Donald Trump finished second with 5%, while Bernie Sanders finished third at 3%.
“Obama has appeared on the top 10 list each year since 2006, including ranking No. 1 in each of the last eight years, all by healthy margins over the second-place finisher.
Most time named most admired man since 1946 was former President Dwight Eisenhower. He was named the most admired man for 12 times, followed by Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan 8 times each.
“Graham’s top 10 finish this year brings his unprecedented total appearances on the list to 59. He has finished in the top 10 every year since 1963 (except 1976, when the question was not asked), as well as from 1955 to 1961. He has never ranked first, but did finish second every year from 1969 through 1974.
For the second place, Ronald Reagan was listed in the top 10 for 31 times, and Jimmy Carter followed in the third place with 28 times in the top 10.
In the poll of most admired women, ex-secretary of state, former first lady, and potential 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton topped the survey for a record 20th time overall followed by former first lady Eleanor Roosevelt 13 times, and former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher 6 times.
Since 1948, Queen Elizabeth II was most time listed in the top 10 list with 47 times, followed by Margarat Thatcher 34 times, and Jacqueline Kennedy 28 times.
- 40 Cancer Fighting Foods You Need To Start Eating Today
- 48% of 18-29 age feel American Dream is dead
- America’s most liberal candidate just took his message to a hub of conservative politics — and it was fascinating
- Ancient fossils in African cave are tantalizing glimpse of early man
- Forget Trump. How Bernie Sanders and Ben Carson explain the crazy 2016 election.
Related articles from around the web
- Miranda: The GOP Is Not The Party of Bush, Reagan, Or Lincoln Anymore (radio.foxnews.com)
- Citizens, Stand Up To Stop the Empire (txwclp.org)
- Sound Off for Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2015 (themorningsun.com)
- Before they became president, they held hourly jobs! (snagajob.com)
- Create Your Leadership Legacy (coloradotech.edu)
- Bush Military Official: The Empire’s Ship is Sinking – Abby Martin Show (trofire.com)